utorok 12. januára 2016

I'm still missing some things here

State of the Game blog has just been released. I am mostly satisfied, though I'd like to see at least release date for Living Story 3. The story of HoT has finished abruptly, and LS3 can't come soon enough. I say this from the perspective of a pve player. I know that wvw and pvp have huge issues. Still... 

This post is not about whining. It's awesome that Anet is revisiting Shatterer. It's great that we will be able to glide anywhere (though I can't find so many high spots in the old maps). New fractals? Awesome! Tybalt being a new mist champion? I fear that the other champions won't be used so much because of how much people love him. :)

So what is this post about, you ask? It's about things I'd like to see also in GW2. Some are small features, some are big. So let's get to it.

A MERCHANT OPTION TO BUY MORE PIECES OF AN ITEM

This together with removing the bags in bags in bags is in my opinion very necessary. It's a standard in other MMOs, why it isn't in GW2 from the start, is beyond me. Basically, I'd like to click much less. Much less. Same with consume all option. I trust Anet to gradually implement this for all other items, but just for sure ;)

INSPECT

This may be a controversial feature and we want to keep our friendly community and this would promote elitism and so on. You know what? Add a dps meter with it! Now if people want to see what you wear in dungeon/raid, they'll ask you to ping your armor anyway. I doubt that the community would suddenly become bad. Sure there would be some bad apples, but there  are already some. In general it would benefit the game because people could improve and get advice. Also you wouldn't need to whisper somebody, what's the name of his/her gloves.

DUELLING

As I said, I'm a pve player. I play pvp rarely and wvw extra rarely. And still I'd like duelling. It's fun. Many people like it. To prevent from being spammed, just add an option to opt for getting duelling requests or to automatically block them and that's it. People that won't want to duel will just check this and they won't be bothered. Everybody will be happy.

HOUSING + REWORKED SCRIBING

Proper housing. With scribing redone to be normal affordable profession. With decorations lootable across the world. This has so much gemstore potential for Anet if they'd implement this system correctly. Both players and developers would be satisfied. 

Wildstar has introduced an awesome housing system. I played that game only for it (and also for being able to play as maniacal evil hamster). If it's too difficult to implement, I'd suggest an easier system from LOTRO. Each house had a number of spots for the decorations. But I'd definitely love the WS system where you can put anything anywhere at any size.

TAXIDERMIST PROFESSION

I'm thinking again of LOTRO. Almost anything had a rare chance of dropping a special item that could be redone with taxidermist into a house decoration. This was huge! Even farming for specific mobs was exciting when you wanted each type of bear or some specific animal in your house. Each boss had also a chance to drop a special decoration trophy. Why not design a crafting profession around this? With affordable scribing, I'd never go back to any other crafting professions than these two.

FISHING

I'm suggesting this because of the Taxidermist profession and also because it can be a lot of fun if done right. Farming for the mentioned different bear trophies was not so exciting as fishing for some rare huge fish that you could hang on your wall. And also it was a great relax. GW2 has already enough water for this. I'm sure that people would love it. It also could be an alternative option of getting some mats for jeweler (Pearls etc.)


MORE ARMOR AND WEAPON SKINS

Obtainable ingame of course. HoT has brought some great looking skins, however I think that there should be more. Damn, if it were me, I'd gave each map a set of unique armor and weapons. Seriously, we need more of those. I understand Anet's position and why they develop a lot of skins for gemstore, but for each 2-3 gemstore sets, we should get one set ingame. I may sound entitled a little bit. Oh well.

For this, there is quite an easy maybe temporary fix - remake town clothes tonics into universal armor skins. Those skins were so awesome. I still dream of my asura engi using a Leather Hoodie. 

MORE MAPS

I'm 90% certain that we'll get new maps in new Living Story but seriously, 4 maps is not much. They are huge, they are interesting and they are beautiful. But after a month you are done with them. And if you're like me and you also grinded  mats for new legendaries there, then you are already sick of them. At least two more, Anet. And please implement them with Living Story. (Yeah I want them ASAP)

NEW RACE

Tengu, Kodan... Yes, I miss them, don't judge me! I know it's an expansion content. I know that introducing a new race requires a lot of development. I want to play as them. Their lore is very interesting. Seriously, I want them playable. I just hope that Anet won't make Largos playable as first. It would be a lazy solution IMO to introduce a human butterfly. Meh. 


CONCLUSION

I won't talk here about promised features that are still at works (legendaries *cough cough*). I know that eventually they'll be implemented. Funny thing is that suggested Taxidermy, Fishing, New race or Housing are even more important to me than new story. Maybe because they offer a huge incentive and replayability.

Let's hope that Anet will implement those some day. Or you know, Soon TM ;) 

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára