streda 18. marca 2015

My Rezzed impressions

Rezzed and demo
I attended Rezzed on Thursday and thank god for that!
Even though I came there an hour after the expo opening, I only had to wait for the demo for about 20 minutes. In comparison to few hours of waiting during the other days, it was really nothing.
Meanwhile I could chat with devs...
... they were extra helpful and nice. One of them even checked the hardware specs of the demo machines for me - nothing surprising: i7 processors and GTX770
(I think). To ease our waiting, Gaile Gray did GW2 trivia for the cool prices.


We had about 40 minutes for playing. I was a little disappointed that we could only play with humans (I wanted to see charr and asura revenant animations), but it was no surprise to me. Demo, duh!
First few minutes of my demo time, I spent in an Options menu, rebinding the skills to my setting, so that I wouldn't be limited by the original preset and I could fully focus on the gameplay.

Yes of course I created a revenant. EVERYBODY created a revenant. New class, what did you expect?
I like to play ranged professions so I immediately fell in love with the hammer.
Its skills were interesting, gameplay with it was fun. I'll definitely play with it after the HoT launch. Also, many of the hammer skins are to my liking, so another plus for hammer.

After creating the character, I immediately jumped off the cliff. I thought that the wing mastery was already preset. Well, no - instead of the flight I saw my death by falling accompanied by the lovely character scream.
I wanted to play as much as possible, so I skipped over every cutscene and cinematic, I saw them in the livestream anyway.

Character story mission was cool, our character talking made it great and it's really good that they reintroduced the choices of progress.
We could only try one of them, but now I am very curious, how these choices will affect our gameplay. We'll see.



The map was beautiful, however it had too many cliffs to my liking, but that is a minor detail that doesn't matter.
The enemies were interesting and I really liked the new aoe telegraph design. It was more subtle and visible. Also, the map was full of events and I liked how we progressed through the map with the help of the outpost story.
It lead us to the wyvern miniboss. The fight was dynamic, fun and I can see the direction of the new gameplay and combat and I'm really excited about it.
It reintroduced the excitement to the combat - for example it was an awesome feeling when we finally managed to prevent the wyvern from flying away and it crashed on the platform. And also, WE HAD TO PAY ATTENTION!!!
I liked the fight so much that when I had a second option to try it again, I jumped right at it.

I tried the adventure also. It was simple, take the flamethrower, burn the vines, avoid the husks and don't get thrown of the cliff by them or the bombs that you might set off. I didn't expect it to be that much fun! And I will definitely try to do all the masteries on the gold level. It was fun, it was challenging. It was simple. For me -  what's not to like? :)

I will reserve my final opinion about the masteries, when I'll know more about them. Earning the mastery points felt good though.
The interface was a little bit clunky and huge for my liking, but it's not its final form, so, we shall see.

I couldn't help myself and not call one of the devs Elisabeth to suggest them to implement the mastery window closing by ESC. I missed it there, I am used to closing all windows with ESC.
We started talking, but she stopped the discussion because I had few more minutes to play, so we agreed to talk after.

After I finished my demo, we chatted a bit, she was curious about my opinion about the demo and in the end she sent me to their booth for the T-shirt. The RYTLOCK T-shirt that I wanted so much! I took the T-shirt, said my thanks and goodbyes to the dev team and left.
Only after that I realized that I forgot to introduce myself to Elisabeth and that I spoke to her like we knew each other :D So I tried to fix it with twitter.

Community Meet&Greet

The day before Rezzed, Matt (MightyTeapot) asked me if I will be in London also on Friday. I merged the Rezzed expo with mine and my GF's vacation in London and we planned to stay until Sunday, so I replied positively. Matt got us invitations to the Friday's GW2 Meet&Greet.
This enabled me not only to finally meet him in person but also Corvus (Corvusplays), Alex (RPGShack), Kriss (Blacklionchest) and many ANET devs.

We sat next to Gaile Gray and she was great. We had so much fun, it was awesome. Daniel's ukulele challenge made this meet&greet even more fun.

And to top that, I won a big Rytlock statue that was shipped with the chinese collectors edition.
When they called my raffle number I looked over the room and in the opposite corner, there were Alex and Corvus, standing and cheering and wooing with me. It felt epic.
Too bad we had to leave after that because we had a lot on the program the next day and we were tired.

Everybody wwas nice even when we were leaving, one of the devs ran after me to remind me to stop by on saturday for the WvW borderlands presentation and tease me with some info.
Also we met Jebro on the way out, he's a great guy.

It was an amazing experience. I'd like to give a special shoutout to Matt, Alex, Corvus, Kriss, Gaile, Elisabeth, Jon, Izzy, Jebro... the list goes on - to all of you guys I met! You are awesome!



BTW I plan to remodel that Rytlock statue with a revenant armor. Stay tuned ;)

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára