nedeľa 28. februára 2016

Promises, updates, content and reality

I don't even count the discussions about the expansion content anymore. It seems that each day there is a new thread discussing whether we got enough content, when's the new one coming, speculations, hating, raging, hyping...

Why's that?

First of all, I think I got my money's worth from HoT. Did I expect more at launch? Maybe. The thing is, Anet did a pretty good job describing what we'll get. Many things were however promised to come later. That's not bad. I just think that Anet maybe didn't realize that they may have made things worse for themselves.

The winter patch has come and we got our first quarterly update. I expected the start of the Living Story 3. It was about 2 months after HoT release. But ok, its absence was no that bad. There were some really nice improvements but again I expected more. Overall I was satisfied.

Now it's the end of the February and people again discuss the lacking content. Why? Well we have been promised so much that waiting 2 more moths for a part of it seems like a lot. It was a good decision to change the big updates from frantic 2 week tempo to quarterly updates. It's good, however people now expect much more than from a biweekly update, and rightly so.

LS3, new legendaries, WvW overhaul, fractals and many more. I have to say that I am very curious about what the spring update will bring. We were already told that raids and LS3 will come in between, they won't be in the quarterly updates necessarily. We're getting new raid wing at the start of march. That's nice.

As a pve player that likes the story, I will be very disappointed if the LS3 won't come with the spring update. If it will take longer, then even I will start ranting. So far I still have a lot to do ingame, but in two months? Well, I don't know. The same problem I have with new legendaries. Again I expect them to come with the spring update. If these two features won't come even then, I think it will be time to reconsider whether all promised things can be delivered in time.

I'm not even talking about fractal legendary backpiece  or other things. Mainly because I'm not that much interested in them but I agree with people asking for them.

So far, I have still faith in Anet and that these people, that are so passionate about this game, can deliver. The time will tell.

I don't want to be disappointed.

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára